Link to Twitter accessible from a different window



How do I obtain a city tax certificate?



Bring the necessary documents to verify your identity and apply at the window, or apply via mail. We will respond to your inquiries when you apply at the window. For details see the Related Page below (Obtaining a City Tax Certificate). If applying via mail, see Obtaining a City Tax Certificate Via Mail.

1. Types of Certification
<City and Prefectural Tax (Individual)>
・Tax Payment Certificate (Nozei Shomeisho), Tax Payment Amount Certificate (Kazeigaku Shomeisho), Tax Exemption Certificate (Hikazeigaku Shomeisho), Exemption Certificate (Menjo Shomeisho)
<Fixed Property Tax (Kotei Shisanzei), City Planning Tax (Toshi Keikakuzei)
・Tax Payment Certificate (Nozei Shomeisho), Tax Payment Amount Certificate (Kazeigaku Shomeisho)
・Property Tax Ledger Certification of Information Recorded (Kotei Shisankazei Daicho Jiko Shomeisho) (Appraisal, Public Certification)
・Tax Roll (Kazei Daicho) (Supplementary Taxes), Proof Showing No Listing in the Tax Register

<Light Automobile Tax (Keijidoshazai), Corporate Citizen Tax (Hojin Shiminzei), Other>
・Tax Payment Certificate (Nozei Shomeisho)

2. Eligible Applicants:
(1) The Taxpayer, Legal Heir, Tax Agent (Corporate applications require the seal of the CEO on the application.)  
(2) Those With a Letter of Attorney from the Taxpayer (Notification of Agent Appointment, Consent Form)
(3) Relatives Living in the Same Domicile
(4) Those Designated by Law (Leaseholding tenants can request disclosure of the tax roll (kazei daicho) for the related land/landlord, and certification of all registered matters. Bring documents verifying the right to make the request, such as a rental agreement, etc.)

3. Required Documents, etc.:
(1) Application (Available at the Window)
(2) Documents Verifying the Identity of the Person at the Window (Driver’s License, Passport, etc.)
(3) Fee (300 Yen Per Document, Vehicle Inspection Tax Certificate for Light Vehicles is Free)
(4) If someone other than the taxpayer (individual) or a family member residing in the same domicile is making the request, a letter of attorney and document verifying the relation with the taxpayer is required.
<Download Application>
While applications are available at the window, corporate applications and applications by proxy require the stamp of the taxpayer (CEO's stamp) be affixed to the application. If an advance application and letter of attorney are required, you can download via the Related Page below (City Tax Application Download (Certificate)).

4. Regarding Identity Verification Documents
Present one of the documents from A. If you do not have an A document, present two documents from B and one document from C. You cannot apply with two C documents.
<A Government-Issued Documents (With Photo)>
Example) Driver’s License, Passport, My Number Card, Basic Resident Register Card (With Photo), Residential Building Transaction Card (Takuchi Tatemono Torihikisho), Government-Issued Employee Card, Other Corresponding Document
<B Government-Issued Documents (No Photo)>
Example) Health Insurance Card, National Pension Book, Basic Resident Register Card (No Photo), Kawasaki City Tax Notice (Nozei Tsuchisho), Maternity Passbook (Boshikenkotecho), Senior Citizen Book (Keiro Techo), Other Corresponding Document
<C Documents with the Name of the Applicant>
Example) Utility Payment Receipt, Non-Kawasaki City Tax Slip, Employee ID, Cashcard, Credit Card, Other Corresponding Document
(Note) The My Number Notification Card is not considered an ID.


5. Application Window:
(1) City Tax Office, City Tax Section Administrator or City Tax Sub-Branch Office Administrator
(2) Ward Office (Branch) City Tax Certificate Corner (Excludes portion of certificates dating back more than five years from date of application.)

Note that city and prefectural tax payment certificates (nozeigaku shomeisho), tax exemption certificates (hikazei shomeisho), and exemption certificates (menjo shomeisho) can be obtained at convenience stores and at Government Service Corners (Excludes dependents who did not file, and those who relocated to Kawasaki City (including those who submitted planned relocation paperwork).) Your My Number Card is required to issue certificates at the convenience stores. For details, see the Related Pages below (Government Service Corner Information, Convenience Store Issuance Information)
City Hall Service terminals were taken down December 28, 2017. For details see City Hall Service Terminal Take Down Notice.

6. Reception Time:
<City Tax Offices, City Tax Sub-Branch Offices, Ward Offices, Branches, Sub-Branch Offices (Tsuchojo)>
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(Excluding holidays, December 29 – January 3)
<Government Service Corner>
Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturdays and Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(Excluding holidays, December 29 – January 3)
Kawasaki City Hall Service Corner open holidays (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)

7. Processing Fee
300 yen per item. Tax payment certificate (nozei shomeisho) for renewed inspection on light automobiles (shaken) is free.

For More Informtaion, Please Contact

Kawasaki City Tax Office, Municipal Tax Section (Shiminzeika) Administrator Tel: 044-200-3962 Kosugimachi City Tax Branch Office, Administrator Tel: 044-744-3222 Mizonokuchi City Tax Office, Municipal Tax Section (Shiminzeika), Administrator Tel: 044-820-6559 Shinyuri City Tax Office, Municipal Tax Section (Shiminzeika), Administrator Tel: 044-543-8957